Last Updated: 05/20/2015
What Personal Information We Collect
You may provide information that can be used to identify you (your "Personal Information") when you respond to certain inquiries, when you make purchases or when choose to use certain sections of our Website and/or App. You aren’t required to provide us with any Personal Information in order to use our Service, other than to make a purchase, however, you may choose to provide certain Personal Information to us in response to optional prompts featured on our Service. "Personal Information" may include Personal Identification Information, Personally Identifiable Information from third parties, Public Filing Information, Financial Information, Website Usage Information, and Other Personal Information, as defined below:
- Personal Identification Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, your legal person or business name, address, your tax ID (if you are a business), your date of birth, postal/zip code, your location, precinct, demographic information (including but not limited to age, sex, race, ethnicity and national origin), your driver’s license information, government issued identification number, telephone number, e-mail address, e-mail confirmation data, employer, occupation and spouse identity;
- Personally Identifiable Information about you from third parties includes, but is not limited to, for example, if you access our Website and/or App through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Facebook Connect, by "following," "liking," adding the StarShop application, or linking your account to the StarShop Website and/or App, that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to StarShop. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account (for example, your Facebook UID), an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the StarShop Website and/or App.
- Financial Information includes, but is not limited to, debit and/or credit card number and/or debit and/or credit card security number ("Credit Card Information"), billing address and name, account information, bank account information, and information about the date, amount and nature of financial transactions;
- Website Usage Information includes, but is not limited to, historical information regarding your usage of the Website and/or App, member IDs, listing or postings, your IP address (which we may store in its entirety) and cookies. When you visit our Website and/or App, we or third-parties acting on our behalf may place a "cookie" - a text file containing a randomly assigned number on your computer - so that we have the ability to customize the look and feel of our Website for you. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may impede your use of certain of our Website’s and/or App′s features. Using embedded tracking technology, we or third-parties acting on our behalf may also collect a variety of other information regarding your usage of our Website and/or App, including your IP address, your username, your session ID, the name of the browser you are using, information regarding web pages you view, referring web pages and when you access our Website and/or App, all of which is considered Website Usage Information;
- Other Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, e-mail list data, mailing list data, and survey responses.
We may obtain address information about you from third party sources for fraud prevention or for legal compliance.
We may also collect Personal Information from you as a result of your email communications with us or anything you may post on our Website and/or App which we may retain along with our responses.
Any Personal Information you post is available to the public without any expectation of privacy or confidentiality. Copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your Personal Information even if you remove the Personal Information. To request removal of your Personal Information from these areas of the site, contact us at email@example.com In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
How We Use Your Personal Information
StarShop uses your Personal Information to operate, maintain, and provide you the StarShop Website and/or App and to conduct our business. For example (and not limited to):
- To register you as a user and to identify you when you sign-in to your account;
- Aid our ability to communicate with you for the purposes of sending receipts, or other transactional information;
- To verify activity as we deem necessary;
- To send you a newsletter or other promotional communications;
- To process transactions between you and us and/or between you and another person;
- To customize the look and feel of our Website and/or App for you;
- To internally monitor our customers′ usage of the various aspects of our Website and/or App in order to enhance the products and Services that we currently or will offer in the future;
- To send you material about topics on which you have requested more information;
- To provide you with customer service, technical and other support.
How We Disclose And Protect Your Personal Information
We may store Personal Information in locations outside our direct control (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers). We and third-parties acting on our behalf take precautions involving physical, electronic, and managerial controls to protect from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, and alteration any of your Personal Information in our possession. We or third-parties acting on our behalf may employ industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer encryption and/or other encryption or security measures when requesting certain financial Personal Information from you. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website and/or App, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We or third parties acting on our behalf do and will continue to disclose your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties in the following circumstances
- As required by law, such as to comply with reporting requirements, a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- In connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity or as we believe reasonably necessary to protect or enforce our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others.
- With any other member, contributor, campaign owner or third party with your prior consent to do so as described in this Policy.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as processing your payments, accepting job applications and offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us and are obligated to keep your information confidential. Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content from our service providers while preserving the look and feel of our site, such as when you enter credit card information. Please be aware that you are providing your Personal Information to these third parties and not to StarShop.
If StarShop is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets or bankruptcy, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website and/or App of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
Your Choices About Your Information And Access
You may, of course, decline to submit Personal Information to us; in which case, you may not be able to use certain services on our Website and/or App. If your Personal Information changes, you may correct, update, amend, remove, or ask to have it removed by making the change on Website and/or App, or by contacting us directly at email@example.com. We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. We will retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Notification, Electronic Communication and Opt-Out
You consent to our using your email address and your cellular phone to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You may not opt out of some Service-related communications. You can change the frequency of many Service-related communications by changing your settings on our Website and/or App.
You may receive periodic messages from us, including changes to features of the Service, newsletters, promotions and special offers. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our marketing emails, text messages, push notifications or other communications by following the instructions included on the Website and/or App.
Other Web Sites and Services